My favorite foods to serve at our annual Super Sunday party are Nachos, Spicy Hot Wings, Pizza, Homemade Onion Dip, Micheladas and Jalapeño Poppers. Mmmm, Jalapeño Poppers! I LOVE me some stuffed jalapeños! I love them stuffed with cheese, or chorizo, or spinach. The latter are my current faves because of my recent obsession with spinach. Just by making a slight change to my Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) recipe, I had the perfect stuffing that plays so well with the spicy sweetness of the jalapeños. And did I mention that there's bacon in the stuffing?
Even if you're not having a football party this weekend, these Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers make for a delicious appetizer for any occasion.
Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1-1/2 (10 oz.) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 10 to 12 fresh jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
Saute the chopped bacon in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until completely cooked; reduce heat to low. Add onions and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and cream cheese and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined; season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
Preheat oven 350°F. Rinse jalapeños with cold water, pat dry with paper towel. Fill each jalapeño pepper half with the spinach stuffing. Arrange jalapeño halves on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Receta en español
NOTE: When working with fresh jalapeño peppers, always wear plastic or latex gloves to protect your skin from the oils released from the peppers. Wash your hands with soap and baking soda when you're done.
For more Super Eats for Game Day, check out this delicious #SundaySupper line-up:
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu's Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma's Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida's Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin' Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian "Chorizo" and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S'mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.