It's time once again for one of my favorite foodie holidays...National Margarita Day! And it's also time for my good friend girlichef's annual Margarita Party with some of our food blogging friends.
I love me a good margarita, whether I'm ordering one at a restaurant or making them at home. One of my all-time favorite margaritas is a sweet mango margarita made with tequila reposado. During the cold winter months when fresh mangos are no where to be found I make this margarita with canned mango, but now that spring has made an early appearance here in Mexico I added some fresh mango which helps intensify the flavor and the gorgeous sunshine-y hue. Whether you decide to use fresh or canned mango, you're in for a quite a treat because this mango margarita is like sunshine in a glass.
- 3 cups mango nectar
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1-1/2 cups tequila reposado (I used Don Julio)
- 3/4 cup orange liqueur (I used Licor 43)
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
Moisten rims of 4 to 6 glasses with lime wedges. Dip moistened rims in salt. Chill glasses in freezer until ready to serve. Puree the mango juice with the fresh mango in a blender or food processor until smooth. In a pitcher combine the mango puree, tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup, and lime juice. Stir to mix well. Serve over ice in salt-rimmed glasses. ¡Salud!
Don't forget to check out these delicious margarita-inspired recipes from our friends around the blogsphere. Happy Margarita Day!
- Blood Orange Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Blood Orange Margarita from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Caramelized Grapefruit Margarita from girlichef
- Cinnamon Orange Margarita from Sweet Life
- Cool Margarita Mule from Peaceful Cooking
- Iced Coffee Margarita from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Minty Papaya Margarita with Chile de Arbol Spice from Nibbles and Feasts
- Pomelo Margaritas from Food Lust People Love
- Winter Pomelo Ginger Margarita from Muy Bueno Cookbook
- Blood Orange Margarita Jello Shots from The Spiffy Cookie
- Pink Cadillac Margarita Cupcakes from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Salted Margarita Shortbread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry Lime Margarita Cupcakes from Wishes and Dishes
- Strawberry Lime Aide Margarita Popsicles from Simply Healthy Family