There are still a few days of summer left to enjoy and I'm sure don't want to spend them slaving over a hot stove. So today, I am going to share a quick and easy way to prepare Ceviche de Camaron. It might not be the "traditional" way of preparing it, but it tastes just as delicious! (I promise to post the traditional recipe soon!)
Ceviche de Camaron
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 serrano chilies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
Combine the tomato, onion, cilantro and serrano chilies.
Stir in the shrimp and lime juice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with plenty of tostadas.
You might also like these delicious Mexican shrimp dishes:
- Coctel de Camaron (Mexican Shrimp Cocktail)
- Camarones a la Mexicana (Mexican Style Shrimp)
- Camarones al Mojo de Ajo (Garlic Shrimp)
- Camarones a la Diabla (Spicy Deviled Shrimp)