There are days that I am so busy with the house, kids and helping Hubby in his shop that I am only left with 30 minutes to prepare lunch. But that is plenty of time to whip up a delicious meal. Am I starting to sound like Rachael Ray?
Camarones a la Mexicana is probably the easiest and fastest of all my recipes. And it is also DELICIOUS!
Camarones a la Mexicana
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped*
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can Salsa El Pato
Saute the onion, garlic and bellpepper in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp and tomato. Saute until the shrimp turn pink.
Pour in the can of Salsa El Pato. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Serve with Sopa de Arroz Blanco. Enjoy!!!
*If you want something a little spicier, add chopped and seeded jalapeño peppers or serrano chilies.
You might also like these delicious Mexican shrimp dishes:
- Coctel de Camaron (Mexican Shrimp Cocktail)
- Camarones al Mojo de Ajo (Garlic Shrimp)
- Camarones a la Diabla (Spicy Deviled Shrimp)
- Easy Ceviche de Camaron (Shrimp Ceviche)