Camarones a la Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can El Pato Mexican tomato salsa (or any brand of tomato salsa)
- Fresh cilantro
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and serrano chiles; saute for 3 to 5 minutes until slightly tender. Add the garlic and shrimp and let cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp turn pink. Stir in the tomatoes, the can of tomato salsa, and a couple sprigs of fresh cilantro; season lightly with salt. Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat to and cover skillet. Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with Sopa de Arroz Blanco. Enjoy!
*Omit the serrano chiles if you're not a fan of spicy food.
Receta en español