My good friend Heather (aka girlichef) is hosting a virtual margarita party and has invited a few of her food blogging friends, myself included. It's a virtual potluck with lots of tequila, lime juice and salt. Of course there are plenty of cocktails, but we also have some tasty margarita-inspired goodies like cupcakes, donuts, tacos, and chicken wings. Swoon!
My contribution to this Margarita-palooza is my recipe for Grapefruit Margaritas sweetened with a Brown Sugar Simple Syrup.
I LOVE grapefruit juice, and have one with my breakfast almost every morning. My hubby on the other hand does not care for grapefruit juice at all. Or so he thought. After mixing him up one of these grapefruit margaritas one evening with some leftover grapefruit juice I had, Hubby quickly changed his tune. Now whenever I make (or buy) grapefruit juice Hubby always asks that I make extra for him, although I'm pretty sure he just wants to make sure there's enough juice leftover to make a margarita at the end of the day. And I can't say that I blame him. These margaritas are tart and sweet and absolutely delicious.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Lime wedges
- 4 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups tequila* (Depending on how strong you like your margarita) (I used Reposado)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
Prepare the Brown Sugar Simple Syrup by combining the water and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool to warm temperature.
Moisten rims of 4 to 6 glasses with lime wedges. Dip moistened rims in salt. Chill glasses in freezer until ready to serve.
In a pitcher combine the grapefruit juice, tequila, lime juice, and the Brown Sugar Simple Syrup. Stir to mix well. Serve over ice in salt-rimmed glasses. ¡Salud!
Receta en español
Be sure to check out these delicious margarita-inspired recipes from our friends around the blogsphere. Cheers!
- Blackberry Margarita from Cooking for My Peace of Mind
- Chili Lime Margarita from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chocolate Margaritas from The Texan New Yorker
- Creamsicle Margaritas from Savvy Eats
- Frozen Mango Margarita from Noshing with the Nolands
- Lilikoi Margarita with Li Hung Mui from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Margaritas Gone Wild from Delaware Girl Eats
- Mixed Berry Margarita from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Mom's Wicked Margarita from Desserts Required
- Pomegranate Margarita from Daily Dish Recipes
- Spicy Raspberry Frozen Margarita from The Weekend Gourmet
- Tamarind Margaritas from girlichef
- The Great Grapefruit Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Tim G's Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Baked Margarita Chicken Wings from Healthy. Delicious.
- Chambord Margarita Macarons from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Margarita Cake with Sugar Cookie Crust from Gotta Get Baked
- Margarita Cheesecake Bars from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Margarita Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Margarita Donuts from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Margarita Mousse from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Margarita Shrimp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Margarita Shrimp Tacos from Supper for a Steal
- Strawberry Margarita Sweet Rolls from The Dutch Baker's Daughter
- Top Shelf (Margarita) Truffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
I wish every day could be Margarita Day!