These Saucy Chipotle Tuna Tostadas are super quick and easy to put together. And they taste like you spent a lot more time in the kitchen than you actually did.
Saucy Chipotle Tuna Tostadas
- 3 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 serrano chilies, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 10 Spanish (pimento-stuffed) olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 chipotle pepper in adobo
- Red onion, sliced
- Cilantro leaves
In a blender or food processor, puree the tomato sauce with the chipotle peppers until smooth; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped tomato, onion, and serrano chilies; saute for about 1 minute. Add the drained tuna and the chipotle/tomato sauce. Stir gently to combine. Cook until heated through.
Serve tuna atop tostadas and top with sliced red onion and fresh cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
For more quick & easy meal ideas, be sure to check out this week's delicious #WeekdaySupper line-up:
Tuesday: Pesto Pasta w/ Chicken Sausage - Momma's Meals
Wednesday: Minestrone Soup - Noshing with the Nolands
Thursday: Shrimp Sorella Diavolo - Your Flavor Chef
Friday: Chicken Naan Pizza w/ Red Onion & Cilantro - Sue's Nutrition Buzz